Thursday, February 3, 2011

Huggie-Pooh

Nick is sitting at his chair eating lunch and saying, "Nyum, yum."

Earlier he pointed to the E and F keys on Xander's learning laptop and said, "E, F, F." He was also able to string my homemade "beads" (the pink foam part of hair curlers, cut into smaller sizes) onto a bendable plastic knitting needle. I am just amazed. Still.

When I got him up from his nap this morning he was hugging his Pooh bear. (Leslie, it's the Baby's First Pooh you gave to Xander when he was a baby. He didn't play with it a whole lot until he was older, but Nick adopted it five or six months ago and it is his favorite friend. Ever.)

He said, "Awwwwwwww. Hug. Pooh." Because that's what Erik and Xander and I say when he hugs his Pooh: Awwwwwwwwwwww!

Then he said, very clearly and deliberately, "Huggie-Pooh." Because I used to call Xander that when he was younger and Xander says that to Nick all the time.

He said it again. "Huggie, Pooh. Hug Pooh."

This all sounds stupid and ridiculous to other people, probably, but I am delighted.

2 comments:

  1. Too cute. Foster also has a Pooh that he loves. I remember having one too when I was young. Maybe it will become a family tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea. Before Xander was born, I framed some pictures from a Winnie the Pooh calendar to hang in the baby room. They are in Nick's room now.

    ReplyDelete