Monday, February 21, 2011

"Wha' Happen?"

Xander and I did some Cereal Math today. I laid out Froot Loops in rows on our cutting board: one row of one, one row of two, one row of three, etc., to five. I asked him what zero meant: "Nothing!" Going row by row, I asked him what one plus zero was (pointing to the center of the board which had zero pieces of cereal on it), and then when he figured it out with some prompting, he moved the one piece all the way over to the right side of the board, which was the answer side. We did the same with all rows, and then we did it adding one piece of cereal (in the middle of the board) to each row. He gave the answer and then pushed all the pieces from the left side and center to the right side answer space. After we did all of them, he got to eat. :)

He was very obedient laying in his bed for roomtime today when I decided he needed a nap. (I was helping him put a shirt on over his head and it pushed against his eyes. He cried and said I had hurt him and it wasn't an accident and they really hurt and they were never going to get better. That was one clue he needed a rest.) He never fell asleep but stayed in bed the whole time.

Nick accidentally knocked over some diapers and an iPod dock that was on his diaper-changing caddy. He said, "Wha' happen? Wha' happen? Wha' happen?"

This is the first time we have heard him say this. It's amazingly cute. "What happened?" is what I usually say when the kids knock something over. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment