Friday, February 18, 2011

A Visit

Aunt Leslie and Doug just left for the soccer tournament in Tampa. They were here for such a short time but Aunt Leslie and I did get good talks and a long walk in. Nick took to Doug immediately. Funny how he would do that when Doug is so high up there above him. Xander commandeered him to play battles and optics ("imagnex" whatever that means, and no, we don't have Imaginext toys).

Xander also got to go to school for the second time this week. I'm glad he improved so quickly. Nick has gotten worse, though, and barely slept last night. I'm at my wits' end but I guess I will put him in bed very early with Vicks Babyrub, the humidifier and the help of the steamy bath I am currently watching him take. He is so cheerful and active when he's awake, but miserable and unsleeping when it's naptime or bedtime.

On our walk today, Leslie and I took Nick in the jogging stroller and he snoozed a little bit. Hopefully that was good for him. It was an absolutely gorgeous day of probably 73 degrees and sunny. Doug, meanwhile, got in tons of sleep on our bonus room bed.

I am blessed by this visit. Nothing like walking and talking with Aunt Leslie.

No comments:

Post a Comment