Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wrinkled Feelings

We had out the wooden shape sorter this afternoon. Nick pulled out the star shape and said, "Dahhhh."

It's official! He is learning his shapes, numbers, letters, and colors! I think I was unsure until now. But he has done the same things enough times that I really believe it.

From some things I've overheard, I think Xander's class is talking about their hearts and things that "put a wrinkle" in their hearts; i.e., hurt their feelings. Great (I say sarcastically). Xander doesn't need any other excuse to tell me, "You're breaking my heart!" Last time he said it, it was because I would not change what he was getting for breakfast, or something crucial like that. His love has lots of Terms and Conditions. (Not really, but when he talks about it he is sure to "wrinkle" some hearts himself: "Dad, I only love you sometimes." "Mom, I love you. But not when you tell me things to do.")

No comments:

Post a Comment