Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nicky-pooh!

I was in tears yesterday, embarrassed by Nick's behavior at Toddler Storytime at the library. That shows my weakness of character...but I do have another point here. I want to focus on how adorable Nick continues to be because if I stay mad, embarrassed, exhausted, or feeling like a failure through this stage, I will miss out on some awesome things.

Like just now, I got out some of Xander's cars for Nick (ssshhhhh, don't tell) and said, "Wow! All these cars!" He followed me as I brought them to the living room, saying, "Waw, waw, waw, cars!" Adorable.

Last night as I took a much-needed nap, Erik got Nick on video sitting in his rocking chair reading a tractor book to himself. Adorable.

Nick is showing me each car as he takes it out of the bag. He's trying to say their colors, too. When he got to the dump truck, he told me, "Tyuck, tyuck, tyuck." Now he is looking at his lineup saying, "A-car, tyuck, car, tyuck, car." Adorable.

He has learned to say all-done or down when he wants to get out of his booster seat. It has turned into "All-down, all-down." Adorable.

This morning he picked up some little sea creatures (a sea turtle and a tiny walrus) and said, "Huggie-pooh," and put them up to his shoulder so he could love on them. Adorable.

This morning when I tried to take a video of him, he looked at the video camera for a moment and then said, "Hah?" (His word for hi.) Adorable.

If I don't focus on these things, I will focus on his car-screaming, his laid-out-flat-on-the-floor defiance, and his yelling early in the morning when he wants to get up.

Erik assured me last night that Xander was just like this at this age and no, he doesn't think Nick can be taught library storytime skills. He reminded me Xander did that, too, and it's just part of their personalities. Well, I look forward to library storytimes with Nick when he is three years old. :)

I'll leave you with the video Erik took.

No comments:

Post a Comment