Monday, March 28, 2011

Kindercare Book List

Okay, this is dumb, but I love book lists, so here goes. In the latest Parents magazine, there was a summer book list/advertisement from Kindercare. To us, it doesn't matter whether it's summertime or not because we do learning activities all year, but I will have a lot more time with Xander. I plan to have him "apprentice" to me for the summer, learning things like washing dishes, doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, etc., but we will also have time for other things.

Here are some books Kindercare recommended that I think would be interesting:

Toddlers:
The Going to Bed Book, Sandra Boynton
Baby Bathtime!, Dawn Sirett
The Sleepy Little Alphabet, Judy Sierra
I Heard a Little Baa, Elizabeth MacLeod
What's Up, Duck? A Book of Opposites, Tad Hills
Maisy's Nature Walk, Lucy Cousins
My Animals, Xavier Deneux
Uh-oh!, Rachel Isadora
Higher! Higher!, Leslie Patricelli
Shades of People, Shelley Rotner & Sheila M. Kelly

I figured if we come to a week when we can't find the Letter of the Week suggested books, we can look for some of these.

Preschoolers and Prekindergartners:
Mouse's First Spring, Lauren Thompson
All the World, Liz Garton Scanlon
The Story of Ferdinand, Munro Leaf
 Frederick, Leo Leonni
The Lion and the Mouse, Jerry Pinkney
The Mitten, Jim Aylesworth
Go, Dog, Go!, P.D. Eastman
Fortunately, Remy Charlip
Where the Wild Things Are, Maurice Sendak
What Can You Do with a Paleta?, Carmen Tafolla

Between prekindergarten and home, Xander has probably already heard these books, but I think he would like hearing them again and reminiscing about when he heard them before.

No comments:

Post a Comment