Monday, March 7, 2011

Really, Really Reading

Just in the last two days it seems like Xander is reading everything. He read the Thank Yous on my Goodwill bag. Later he looked over my shoulder while I was checking email and read my name. On the way home from school he read on a billboard "Big Momma's" because it was advertising one of those Big Momma movies. Now we are in the bonus room and he said, "The Cook Pack. That's your cook pack!" He had read the title of one of my cookbooks. He turned around and read out of the bookcase, "The Night Before Christmas."

I don't know if we need to continue with any of our reading lessons (which we haven't done in months anyway) because he is reading things that aren't phonetic. We're done!

I'm almost afraid of how fast he's growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment