Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We Did A Lot Today

Nick and I dropped Xander off at school, went for a walk to Walgreen's to pick up a few groceries, then went to the library to pick up books that were on hold for us, then after a brief stint at home, went to pick up Xander from school. I brought peanut-butter-and-jelly "burgers" for them (pb&j on hamburger buns) and water and the DVD player playing a train show. With those weapons in my mom-arsenal, we also made it to the Jacksonville Art Institute to pick up our CSA vegetables.

We got brussels sprouts, spinach, rutabagas, carrots, broccoli, a giant kohlrabi, leeks, and these things that look like half-broccoli-half-cauliflower with pointy tips.  The vegetables are always flavorful and my kids actually like brussels sprouts, broccoli, and carrots (and disguised rutabagas), so it was a good day. When I say "my kids" I should probably point out that Xander will eat all those things happily, as long as the carrots are raw, whereas Nick likes talking about them, seeing them on his plate, and putting them in his mouth...but I don't think he actually digests any of them. It's a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment