Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This Week's Goals


Last week a big week for me, internally! I am working on some big new things and I think everything is falling into place. I had to expend a lot of mental energy adapting routines, but I can already see the time I will be saving in the future. I'll write about my latest grocery and menu planning project sometime soon - it is working so much better than I even imagined.

Oh, and the family's health is good. After three doctor's visits last week and a trip to urgent care, we are all great. Nick's forehead and black eye are healing very quickly; the boys' teeth have been cleaned; Xander's foot problem has been taken care of; Nick's stitches were removed; and I learned that brand-name Allegra is the answer to my cedar fever here in Texas - NOT the generic version of the same drug. Very good to know. Also, Erik had the mother of all painful cricks in the neck but that has resolved as well.

Last week's goals were:

Valentine's Party:
Knit five or six teeny Valentine teddy bears.
Try the sliders recipe ahead of time.

Parenting:
Listen to Xander some more about his feelings about school and challenging tasks.
Read aloud at most breakfasts and lunches from our book lists.

Marriage: 
Have more than one planned episode of quality time with Erik.
Get up each morning with Erik for our fitness plans.

Personal:
Continue to work hard at my household tasks and goals in a systematic manner.
Do not denigrate myself to anyone for a week. :)

And here are this week's goals:

Valentine's Party:
Buy red streamers for the doors.
Buy spiced rum for addition to cider (for those who want it).
Finish cleaning for the party.
Finish cooking for the party.
Finish knitting for the party.
Finish decorating for the party.
Host the party! (This also fits in the Social and Marriage categories; I think Erik and I are a good example of opposites attract, and this works in our favor hosting parties.)

Parenting:
Send out an invite to kids to come to our play group next Sunday.
Continue to help the boys form their habits of Morning Cards and clearing and wiping their places after eating.
Track kids' eating/sleeping/activity on log and track educational activities for both.

Knitting:
Knit along with The Knit Stitch by doing 13 rows on the Maximum Scarf.

Running:
Run 8 miles this week.

Financial:
Track my savings with spreadsheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment