Thursday, June 10, 2010

Xanderisms

Xander just asked me, "Mommy, is talking thinking?"

He had just said something about some dinosaurs being fragile, and I said I was just thinking about dinosaurs, too. That's when he asked about thinking, and I tried to explain that thinking happens in your head. He pointed to his head. Upon reflection, I wonder if he thinks any thoughts that he doesn't say out loud to me. Ha ha ha, she laughs tiredly.

Then he asked if we were ah-onihores. I had to ask him to repeat that one. Luckily he previously mentioned some dinosaurs being predators ("the meat-eating ones, Mommy") so I figured out he meant omnivores. He is certainly being an omnivore right now with our pre-Thursday-movie treat: a beef tostada, some red jello, a small can of root beer, and popcorn.

Today at lunch with Erik, Xander asked if there were any kids who lived in his work. Only grown-ups, Erik said.

"Only people?" Xander said.

"Yeah, only grown-up people."

"And I am growing up to be a paleontologist and a dad."

According to Xander, even though we don't have any pets in our house, "everybody can get a cat, and everybody can have a puppy, and everybody can have a dog, and everybody can have a kitten."

No comments:

Post a Comment