Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Car Crash

Xander is playing with his figures in his room. I hear him talking in a robot voice.

I wonder if he will play a car accident. He and I were in one on Sunday. It was rainy, a car in front of us lost control, and we were unable to avoid the crash. Somehow our two cars crashed and then both hit the guardrail. It would take dozens of pages to write about how shocked and scared and weepy I was, so I won't do that. I remember about four seconds after the crash wondering what had happened to Xander before he spoke up. The horror for me was knowing I could not avoid this accident - thus a reminder that I cannot really keep my children and family safe. Luck and seatbelts kept us safe. Maybe even a divine presence. But not me.

We are doing well. Much of my shoulder and neck stiffness is gone. My knee swelling is going down. Xander never really acted any differently than normal. We still have to keep a sharp eye on him in case he experiences nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain in the next few days, but other than that everything is going well.

Xander asks, "So what does happen when a car crashes?" He asks all kinds of questions about the white car and how it's crashed and where it is. He told me, "Mommy, you can't have owies all over your body!" I think I know exactly what he means.

2 comments:

  1. Kristy, I am just catching up on my blog reading. So sorry to hear about your accident! That is indeed very scary. I'm glad no one is in the hospital, but empathize with "owies all over your body!"

    Give my love to yourself, and all your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Wonderful to "hear" from you! My owies are mostly gone. :) Wearing a knee brace but healing is going fast.

    What are you up to??? Lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete