Saturday, September 18, 2010

In the Very Best Way, We Are Not Perfect

Xander's second soccer game today. Every kid showed their strength at some point during the game. The parents were quite interactive and helped me coach, at least the kids on the bench. But it was hard to field even three players! I won't even go into it here. Suffice it to say the rest was all challenges.

I have had a hard time staying upbeat since our accident. After the challenges of the game, I felt down again. Went grocery shopping for the week, which was useful but not a huge spirit-lifter. When I get home, I made "homemade" trail mix into snack bags and banana pudding. For some reason it was making the banana pudding that lifted my spirits. I think Xander and Erik were quite happy as well.

Ever since Xander started school, he's been saying, "Oh wait, Mommy, I changed my mind, I don't want to rest now, I want to play instead." Or, "I changed my mind, I don't think I have to finish my chicken to get dessert." You might be able to imagine my responses.

Xander just came up to me as I was typing and said, "I got to get more Mommy." (He and Erik have been playing a game about who gets to hug me. Very nice, subtle way for Erik to cheer me up. That and him cleaning the WHOLE kitchen will turn any day around!) I told him he could come over here and hold onto my arm. He did and said, "Then I have to go watch Daddy." I gave him a kiss and off he ran.

Nick's working on four molars, so sometimes life is tough. He screamed almost all day on Thursday, but has been happy for the last two days. I can't believe how easily he switched to one nap. No trouble at all. He has learned (again) how to kiss (with open mouth). He thinks it's hilarious. He also copies Xander very carefully. Usually that is nice because it keeps him entertained. I can think of ways that it's going to be a challenge, too!

I am ending the day very happy, very blessed, very lucky, icing my knee while blogging about my lovely (but not perfect) ;) family.

No comments:

Post a Comment