Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dream Angus

I started singing a certain Celtic lullaby to Nick when he was about five months old - or so. It's been about ten months of my singing it to him every time I put him down for nap and bed.

Not too long ago, I started singing it to Xander, too, before his rest times and bedtimes. Tonight he sang the whole song with me. Sweet.

This is the song (with my adjustments):

"Oh, can ye no hush your weeping,
All the wee lambs are sleeping.
Birdies and beasties nestled together,
Dream Angus is hurtlin' o'er the heather.

List to the curlew crying,
Faintly the echoes dying.
All of the birds and beasties are sleeping,
My bonnie bairn-ee is weeping, weeping.

Dreams to sell, fine dreams to sell,
Angus is here wi' dreams to sell.
Hush now my bairn-ee, sleep without fear,
Dream Angus will bring you a dream, my dear.

Good night, good night."

No comments:

Post a Comment