Saturday, May 19, 2012

More Soccer - A Good Day

Another soccer game this weekend, and I think I got two decent videos. Xander scored about three or four goals. It was a bit confusing - plus I wasn't counting - because some of them were own goals by the other team. And, as usual, I had one eye on Nick who went from sand volleyball court to watching the game to kicking the little soccer ball to the playground and back again.

Today was a good day. More than one of us has been getting overtired with night wakings, early wakings, getting to bed too late, and the poor babes having a digestive issue that kept Xander home from school four days. Last night, all three of us slept through the night. Nick had a long nap, about two hours and forty minutes. I did a lot of maintenance cleaning that made a difference in my mood. Xander is responding well to my renewed disciplinary resolve (there is a tendency these days to know more than Mom and show it by tone of voice and disobedience). He also had a great soccer game. Both boys have had their nails clipped and Nick is squeaky clean from his bubble bath. Therefore, we are all feeling good.

Xander had me take these pictures and told me that Uncle Jeff set up all the green ones.

I believe Xander was in charge of these.
So, I accidentally made sort of a butterfly pattern with the chocolate syrup and You-Know-Who asked me to do you-know-what.

I embarked on the somewhat irrational project of setting up a cocktail tray. Irrational because I don't drink much of anything and Erik mostly drinks beer. Oh well, it was fun and it helped me find a place for another kitchen item I was having trouble organizing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and I realized it looks funny to write that I don't drink much of anything and then show a picture of a nearly-finished bourbon bottle. 1) I do like bourbon sometimes and 2) we just had company, you know.

    ReplyDelete