Saturday, May 26, 2012

Zoo Trip Today

Xander slept here last night

What's in there?


Had to remind Nick a few times not to chase the birds







A coati, I believe






Ooh! A bear! Poor thing was pacing and it was a hot day.




There's a lion in there - the man to the side is probably smiling at Nick's over-loud pronouncements: "Oh! It's a lion in there!"


Can you see the lion now?





I don't know if you can see it, but that's a tiger head peeking up out of the water. I wanted to be in there...minus the tiger.







 






They got a corn dog and a bag of cookies each for dinner. Oy. Xander was profusely thanked when he decided to help our seat-neighbors by picking up something they had dropped. I have actually gotten three compliments in the last few days on how well-behaved the boys are and what great little men.

The birds had their revenge on Nick. This one looked like it was about to bite the corn dog right out of Nick's hand and I had to pick up the poor scared child. This is Xander's hand trying to scare it away, which had no effect. I was intimidated myself. There is something about a bird slowly marching up to you, and not stopping, and not stopping, and coming closer, and not stopping...

4 comments:

  1. Looks like the boys had a lot of fun! I hope it wasn't too tiring for you. Tell everyone I say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was fun. It was actually a little bit energizing to get out and sweat in the heat. :) I get more tired sitting on the couch. Nick is still reading books all.the.time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and peacocks aren't small birds, either! Yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, they're not. I think Alfred Hitchcock was really onto something with his Birds movie.

    ReplyDelete