Thursday, October 8, 2009

Books!

I've been using Brightly Beaming curricula with Xander and even Nick because they're fun and appropriate and free. Some of the books she recommends for the various themes are GREAT children's books that I wouldn't have found otherwise. Here's a quick list of children's books I LOVE for Nick's and Xander's ages.

Treasury of Mother Goose
Guess How Much I Love You
Dr. Seuss's ABCs
How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World
Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing
Goodnight Moon
Three Little Kittens (Paul Galdone)
Mama Cat Has Three Kittens
My First Words: An Educational Lift-A-Flap Book
My Very Own Name (customizable book in which animals spell out a child's full name--we have matching ones for Xander and Nick from my aunt--this is how Xander learned his full name)
and NEVER least, perhaps my very favorite, a book that works for tiny babies all the way up through 5-year-olds: Where the Wild Things Are

Yes, Xander wants to see the movie.

This is a very abbreviated list and I'm sure I will be coming up with new ones every week with our new themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment