Saturday, October 10, 2009

Don't Forget to Remember

One thing I never want to forget is how Xander sometimes closes his eyes and shakes his head back and forth and says, "Mm mm mm," when he's eating.

I never want to forget Nick's wide-open toothless smile. He tilts his head back and opens his mouth as wide as it can go to show his delight. Today he laughed when I moved my head back and forth in time to the song Erik was singing. He laughed, too, when I put him on my shins and moved him up and down. He is a very happy appreciative baby, but his laugh more often than not comes out as an abrupt "Egh!" and it is adorable when he does a real baby giggle.

Today Xander stared open-mouthed at the TV instead of eating lunch because Erik had it on a crocodile special on PBS. Afterward I think he was a little excited. He ran back and forth across the living room moving his arms up and down as fast as he could and making cawing noises, saying, "I'm a bird, I'm an owl!" We could tell by the frowning intense look on his face that he was trying to go faster than his body would let him.

There are so many things I've told myself never to forget about Xander and right now I just can't remember any of the other things.

With Nick, it's just that he's growing up so fast. He can easily roll either direction, is eating solids now that he decided he likes sweet potatoes, can get out of his baby chairs if he wants to, and scoots a tiny bit. Sca-aa-aary.

P.S. I may have gotten the title of this post from my dad. It sounds like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment