Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sleep!

I just listened to Nick cry for about fifteen, twenty minutes when he woke up early from a nap. It's so hard to do. It's physically uncomfortable. I've been trying giving him his pacifier and if that doesn't work, moving him to his swing to nap some more there, but now he doesn't hold on to the pacifier if he's agitated and he doesn't like the swing much anymore. He's too big anyway; it won't swing him! He's started getting up from every nap early and waking every few hours at night. He doesn't need the feeding anymore and I can tell because he eats lazily at those times. So last night Erik helped me out and gave him his pacifier when he started crying in the middle of the night, then left. Nick fell asleep. He woke a few hours later and Erik did the same thing. He woke a little later and I did the same thing. Then I was able to feed him at a reasonable time in the early morning.

Now he is crying again and I think I will get him up. It's already been another half hour just with the crying. He's acting hungry so I'm going to go ahead and hope he eats a full feeding.

Erik reminded me last night how well it worked with Xander to let him cry a bit when he was learning to sleep on his own.

Xander is acting like he needs to sleep today during naptime--tired and prone to cry a little bit and still a smidgen sick. I'm hoping this Dora movie (Dora's Halloween) puts him to sleep eventually. Either he got better at sleeping overnight or the over the counter allergy medicine Leslie suggested is helping. The humidifier might be helping, too. He originally said he was scared of it. Some of these "fears" are just him wanting to explore a topic with Mommy or Daddy's reassurance or explanation.

A boring post, but this is what our days and nights have been filled with. That and my agonizing over the swine (and seasonal) flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment