Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 1 Without Erik

This weekend we were in Destin to see everyone: Jeremy, Leslie, Bailey, Foster, Larry, Alla, Bonnie, Pat, Koa, Cadbury... It was fun. In fact, it was so fun and relatively easy for us that it was hard to keep in mind that we wouldn't be seeing some of them for a long time. Jeremy and Leslie & Co. are on their way to move to Colorado, and we haven't gotten out to Oregon to see Larry and Alla yet. The kids had fun, even though they wouldn't sleep much in the car. Xander showed some very "melty" behavior as a result of his sleep deprivation but it's worth it to see your best friend in the whole wide world. The little boys are getting cuter and cuter and are pretty easygoing...except when they're not.

Immediately after we got home, Erik started packing for his business conference. He'll be gone all week. I thought I would try to post every day in case he wants to see what we did while he was gone.

Day 1, today, Monday:

Xander went to school. He came back prepared to defy me. Sometimes preschool has that effect.

Nick learned how to spin while dancing and giggled and giggled and spun and spun all by himself. He was dancing to the Chicken Soup and Rice song on the Where the Wild Things Are story video. I tried to get a video per Erik's request but I think he was too dizzy already for me to get a good one.

We went outside for a while to play tennis and football and soccer. Nick was the happiest I've seen him just trotting around in the back yard chasing after balls. Xander's learning how to hit a tennis ball. Later, Nick and I came back inside for a snack. Xander showed up to tell me something outside was turning into a robot. Then he looked out the front door, saw a funny-looking seedling that had fallen to the ground, and asked if it was robot poop.

This evening at dinner Nick started to throw his food again. I told him "no" sternly and repeated it with the sign for "no." He shook his head back and forth vigorously as if to say, "Mommy's saying no, no is fun, watch me shake my head no."

No comments:

Post a Comment