Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 2

Today we did a tiny bit better sticking with a normal routine.

But Xander got very upset over not having a kid's computer yet. I kept explaining that it would take a long time to save up for a kid's computer on his allowance, but that we could look at Goodwill stores to see if they had any that he would be able to afford. We checked one Goodwill store and he left crying when I wouldn't buy him a broken ball-tunnel toy. He was sad but kept telling me in the car, in a tearful voice, that he was happy. I think the idea was that I would go to another store if he was happy instead of sad. We did check our Beall's down the street which has been going out of business and was almost out of merchandise. I went a bit crazy with the discounts. I bought a history at-a-glance book for Xander, a farm lift-the-flap book for Nick, a small plastic set of tennis rackets and ball for Nick, and Xander begged for a plastic Indian and horse ensemble. An employee also gave Xander a roll of Cars stickers for free. I spent a little over $7.

Then we came home, and because I felt sad for Xander for some reason, ordered a Vtech preschool laptop from Ebay for $8 (plus $8 shipping). I am terrible about that.

Enough about my failings. Nick had a wonderful time outside with his new plastic tennis rackets. He walked up and down the little sidewalk in our backyard with a racket in either hand. I've got it on video. I think it was four minutes of him walking up and back, up and back, up and back. He was so happy. The only reason he stopped was because I went in to grab some laundry.

Xander loves both books. He doesn't seem likely to hand over the farm book to Nick. I've read it to him twice already and he is currently trying to read it back to me.

Xander injured Nick today. I heard a cry from behind me and Xander saying, "Sorry, Nick." The cries continued. He said, "I'm really sorry, Nick." All I know is it involved the edge of a wooden block and Nick has a little boo-boo under his eye. I'm sure it's the first of many boo-boos earned this way.

I measured Xander again on our closet door and he has grown three-fourths of an inch in about a month.

Oh, and I trimmed both boys' hair today. The floor is currently presentable and the dishes are almost all done. Nick has been sleeping for almost an hour and Xander is ready for bed on time. I even got some knitting done.





No comments:

Post a Comment