Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yet Another Nick Milestone

Nick peed in the potty this morning! Then after lunch, he went #1 and #2 in the potty!! Very exciting here. I asked if he wanted to watch All Aboard the Potty Train and he went into the bathroom to his "potty basket" where the All Aboard the Potty Train book is kept. I am impressed.

Xander and I have had a challenging morning, but we both came out of it refreshed and with better attitudes. (Lots of whining around chore time on his part and lots of deep, angry breaths on my part. We sat on his bed together for a while and talked about it. Actually, even after that, he interrupted me often while I read aloud to him, talking, planning things, and leaving the room. I got mad and told him what was making me mad and said he could stay in his room until he was ready for a reading lesson. I went to my bed to cool off, too, and in five or ten minutes he nicely came to get me because he was ready for a reading lesson. Since then we are both doing pretty well.)

We finished the letter Z during reading lessons! Tomorrow we will read short words together!

I am planning our weekly menu today and asked for Xander's input. Next week, he wants macaroni and cheese, chicken, and bacon. We will be having those things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment