Friday, July 23, 2010

The Yoga Instructor

The cutest thing just happened. For "Y" week, I told Xander we could do yoga exercises. He led me in a bunch of moves that I think he had seen his aunt and his dad doing. During one of the moves, he said, "Put your elbows - um, down." He meant that I needed to put my heels on the ground and keep the rest of my feet up. I was getting instruction on proper form from my four-year-old!

One of our moves was called the beluga whale. One was the tiny fish.

I keep forgetting to mention that Xander suddenly has a real interest (sometimes) in his baby dolls. He has two, one that looked like him when he was a baby, and one that cries and drinks and pees in a diaper that I got in preparation for his baby brother. He never really paid attention to them, but in the last week or so, he has done some nurturing things for them. It's interesting that he's doing this just as Nick is learning to run, talk, have table manners, and go potty without a diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment