Monday, December 3, 2012

Glasses for Mommy

I have had the same pair of glasses for, I don't know, five or eight years. Something like that. The nose pieces fell off and the parts that go around the ear got out of alignment or something, so I was wearing glasses that pinch the nose and hang crooked. This has not been a problem because I hardly ever wear glasses. Only one eye is really bad. When I look through both eyes, I have no problems. 

But...lately I've felt the eye strain a little more, especially when I use the computer a lot. The glasses got a bit more annoying because I was wearing them more often. 

I had one contact left (I don't use them anymore just because I thought it was an unnecessary expense) that told me my prescription, at least in that one eye. I ordered a pair of glasses through eyebuydirect.com using that information. I also had to measure the distance from the center of one pupil to the center of the other, looking in the mirror. The glasses cost $7 and the shipping was $5, and with tax the total was about $13. I wouldn't recommend this method for anyone who needs good glasses to wear every single day or who has more than a simple eye condition. Every add-on makes these glasses more expensive. But for me, the price was right. I just got the glasses in the mail and they work! And I like them! You do kind of have to guess at whether you'll like them or not.




2 comments:

  1. I am so fortunate to have a dad who's an optometrist. Without my glasses or contacts, I am basically blind. What a deal for you! (Cute, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that would be nice! So you must wear contacts all the time. I haven't seen a picture of you with glasses. I am lucky that one eye is bad and the other is a tiny bit off in the opposite way, so they balance each other out. I've been wearing these glasses most of the day since I got them, so now I'm starting to feel like I need them. Stuff is clearer! :)

    ReplyDelete