Sunday, December 30, 2012

This Week's Goals


I don't think I ever went over my goals from last week or made new ones. Here is what I did (or didn't do):

Christmas:

1. Assemble, sign, address, and send out the rest of our Christmas cards.

2. Put together gift packages for people we are sending gifts and put them in the mail (except for Erik's father and my father because they are both out of the country). 
2.5. Don't forget to put two of our already-received gift packages on our thank-you list so we remember to formally thank those people.

Knitting:

3. Finish Xander's mustang in time to give him for Christmas. (Its accessories will have to wait.) {I had the mane and tail left to do when Christmas arrived, so I will just continue to work on it and its accessories and give it on another occasion.}


Parenting:


4. Finish reading The Blank Slate by Steven Pinker.

5. Continue to be calm, understanding, and consistent with the boys.

Financial:


6. Stick to our eating-out-plus-groceries budget for this month.


Marriage:


7. Make time for quality time with Erik this week.


Personal:


8. Attend church. On Sunday and also possibly on Christmas Eve.


Cleaning:


9. Stay on top of the laundry and kitchen cleaning and try to get other regular chores done, like mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, and changing sheets. {Erik helped me clean bathrooms last week so we got two done in the time it normally takes for one. :)}


Would you look at that? I got 80% of my goals completed! It probably helps that I gave in to the season and made a full category of goals just for Christmas. 

This week has only about two days left in it before I post next week's goals, so I'll just summarize. I finished the parts I wanted to read from What Color Is Your Parachute?, signed up for Dr. Christine Carter's free online class about making resolutions, took a lot more notes from Raising Happiness, got several rows of knitting done on a few different projects, went over our finances with a fine-tooth comb to see how much extra money we can put toward our car debt (a lot! yay!), and (barely) started on the thank you notes with Xander. I also babysat for friends last night. They had done the same for us last week so we could watch a movie. I did not get the grandpas' packages put together or sent yet, so that's a definite priority for next week.

One of my goals or resolutions for next week is to start goals lists for the boys, the same way I have been doing mine. If I can get Xander involved with his, that will be fantastic. I think goal setting, time management, and study/test-taking skills are extremely valuable subjects for kids to learn! Also adults. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment