Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Weekly Goals



How did I do on last week's goals? I feel like all I have been doing is Christmas stuff, which is awesome, but it's taking up all my time! I read on someone's blog (Chocolate on my Cranium) that they suspend normal homeschool during December and just do Christmas School. That seems like how our December is going. (Though Xander has been getting Math and Music and Literature sneaked in on him every day.)
Family:

1. Take notes on Raising Happiness and Learned Optimism. {Notes taken on half of Raising Happiness.}
2. Use a calm, nonjudgmental tone with the children. Administer consequences if necessary; discuss emotional outbursts at a good time; don't shout. {I bet I didn't have 100% success with this, but I think I worked toward this every day and did really well.}
3. Do our advent activity each day, open our chocolate advent calendar each day, and light our advent candle each day.

Health:

4. Track food on My Fitness Pal.
5. Do the No More Trouble Zones fitness DVD at least once. {Well, does it count if I did it for 15 minutes one day? I say yes.}

Personal:

6. Finish up the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home challenge.
7. Finish knitting doubled scarf for tree skirt. {Finishing today.}
8. Start knitting Nick's stocking.
9. Make more Christmas cards.
10. Send as many Christmas cards as possible by December 10th. {Will be sending the rest out this week.}
I did good, right? :) As for (more) Christmas stuff, last week I put together two twelve-days-till-Christmas countdown kits, one for the kids' cousins and one for the kids, went to the town tree lighting and rode a horse-drawn carriage, sang Christmas carols, made and wrote in Christmas cards, made batches of cookies, took the kids to see Santa, strung a popcorn garland, and read Christmas stories and books to the kids. And participated in advent through church and our home candles. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

This Week's Goals:


I think I'm going to skip this. I am not sure what I want my goals to be this week, other than Christmas stuff. So let's just dive in and get that Christmas stuff done. I'll also try to run and do workout videos and get at least some of Xander's schooling in. We have two Christmas parties to go to in the next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment