Monday, December 3, 2012

Weekly Goals


How did I do on last week's goals? I thought you'd never ask!

Family:

1. Spend time relaxing with Erik after kids are in bed.
2. Take notes on Raising Happiness and Learned Optimism. {Not completed, but to give myself credit, we have already implemented some good practices from Raising Happiness.}
3. Make doughnuts for Erik's office. {Well, I made doughnuts for us, but I didn't get up early that day and Erik did, so they weren't ready in time for the office.}

Health:

4. Track food on My Fitness Pal.
5. Get rid of mildew in bathrooms.

Personal:

6. Post signs to remind myself of critical, do-first tasks.
7. Start knitting doubled scarf for tree skirt.
8. Make Christmas cards. {Can I cross this out if we didn't finish, but did start? I was proud of the work Xander did on them, but the ones we're making are too work intensive for him to do more than one or two.}
9. Start sending Christmas gifts. {Have one packaged up but not addressed and another package almost finished. Plans are to go to the post office tomorrow.}


Hmmm, I am not super impressed with myself. I felt like I had done a lot last week. Maybe it was all the Christmas stuff we put in motion. So far, we have done everything we planned to do with the kids as the holiday season starts.

This Week's Goals:

Family:

1. Take notes on Raising Happiness and Learned Optimism.
2. Use a calm, nonjudgmental tone with the children. Administer consequences if necessary; discuss emotional outbursts at a good time; don't shout.
3. Do our advent activity each day, open our chocolate advent calendar each day, and light our advent candle each day.

Health:

4. Track food on My Fitness Pal.
5. Do the No More Trouble Zones fitness DVD at least once.

Personal:

6. Finish up the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home challenge.
7. Finish knitting doubled scarf for tree skirt.
8. Start knitting Nick's stocking.
9. Make more Christmas cards.
10. Send as many Christmas cards as possible by December 10th.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad we're finishing up the organized home challenge this week. I didn't even get to participate today because it was too hectic and I'm just wrapping up some internet time before bed. I think your Christmas cards sound wonderful, albeit labor intensive, and trying to do cards and gifts in the same week sounds like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I haven't even gotten to today's challenge yet either. I wonder if I will...Still have articles due to post and I had planned some downtime with Netflix and knitting. Those things might trump today's challenge, at least until tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 2nd goal for this week and could stand to work on that myself!

    Hope your week is productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ashley! It is hard to remember to do all those things, because I immediately feel defensive when my children are shouting or crying. But those calm, nonjudgmental actions are the only ones that really impact the behavior for the long-term.

      Delete
  4. I think you did a lot last week! I'm giving myself bonus points for just making the lists-ha!

    ReplyDelete