Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Saturday in Football Season

This post will be out of order because I just remembered I had saved it as a draft instead of publishing it. Voila:

The boys rode ponies at the farmer's market this morning. Both of them were delighted. I believe it was Nick's first ride - he watched Xander last time, about a year ago. Afterward, since Erik wasn't with us, we went to pick out a birthday gift for him. I already have my gifts, but Xander insisted on picking out something himself. He picked out a card and a gift (which I won't mention by name) completely by himself. I gave plenty of suggestions of what Erik likes, but Xander rejected them all and came up with his own idea which was a really good one. I think he's taking after his father in that way.

This afternoon, the boys nicely played "Star Wars" together, inside and out, and watched some TV. It's football season, which means our TV will be on for longer periods of time on the weekends. On the one hand, I don't like to add more TV to our lives; on the other hand, it really is kind of a family bonding activity. I bought some family cups at the grocery store especially for football season. Erik's is a nice collage of all the NFL team pennants, Xander's is similar but with a white rather than a dark background, mine is the Minnesota Vikings, and Nick's is a Texas Longhorn cup. (I figured he could learn the shape of the state of Texas this football season.)

No comments:

Post a Comment