Tuesday, September 25, 2012

This Week's Goals

Last Week's Goals - Let's see how I did:

Personal

1. Go to church on Sunday.
2. Run at least 6 miles this week.
3. Start keeping a morning journal.

Marriage

4. Focus on Erik when I get home from running and have nightly chores done. Forget about what I haven't yet completed for the day, or the week, or the month. {Hmm, I think I have been more about collapsing after runs than about Erik - but we did play one or two games of Through the Ages and watch our new show together.}

Children/Homeschooling

5. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
6. Show Xander where on our history timeline the knights will fall - since he got to play with them ahead of time as part of his recovery from the tonsillectomy.

Service/Family/Friends

7. Call my mom, my dad, my brother, and my sister this Sunday. {I think I just missed calling my dad - and most everyone else wasn't available.}
8. Work on letters/thank you notes/projects for friends. {Nope. Didn't even get my own projects worked on. Xander's recovery week did not end up being a catch-up week. :) I did, however, read a lot.}
9. Let at least one friend know how special they are to me by picking up the phone to call or doing something else out of the way. {Oops. You all are special, though!}

Financial

10. Work on a No Spend policy for the month of October. {We're going to forgo spending this month because we need to. There is one exception: one way or another, we will get Xander to Sea World. They have a Homeschool Day coming up with a huge discount. I'll skip doing a 5K race. We will spend money on utilities and groceries, but I'll try not to buy any extras at the grocery store when I go. Our budget has been redone.}

Next Week's Goals:

Personal

1. Eat less meat.
2. Continue my morning journal time.
3. Go to CEC on Sunday.

Marriage

4. Focus on Erik when I get home from running and have nightly chores done. Forget about what I haven't yet completed for the day, or the week, or the month.
5. Start re-reading The 5 Love Languages.

Children/Homeschooling

5. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
6. Continue HUFI with Xander - start recorder lessons and practice.
7. Start Xander on 10-15 minutes reading to himself before bed to count for Pizza Hut's Book-It program.

Service/Family/Friends

8. Write at least one letter or note or email to a friend/family member.


Financial

9. Continue a No-Spend month.

Household

10. Practice our clean-up routine throughout the day; work slowly but steadily on project jar or chore list except for purposeful rest and recreation times.

No comments:

Post a Comment