Friday, September 7, 2012

Hair!

I got a haircut! This morning I donated 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love. I didn't realize it ahead of time, but that made my haircut free (except for tip, of course). Free is how I feel...free of all that length heating me up and weighing me down. I like having long hair, but it was really starting to get to me in recent months.

Xander said I looked beautiful and Erik said I was pretty, so there was a good reception at home. Nick didn't mention it. ;)


here's the new cut


And here's a fun hairstyle from the past:
I can't believe I bought hair gel for the boys. I must have forgotten that food really works the best when you want your hair sticking out at all angles.

Xander has been taking lots of pictures. His new, sturdy children's digital camera arrived.

Yesterday and today, he did the following:
  • listened to lots more of The Hobbit
  • learned three new Spanish words and listened to El Gato Con Sombrero Viene De Nuevo again
  • listened to the fable "The Wolf and the Kid" and narrated the gist of it back to me
  • watched a great short film called Paddle to the Sea (based on the book of the same name) and watched me place a model clay canoe on the appropriate spots on the map as Paddle journeyed across the Great Lakes and into the sea
  • listened to the folk song "The Three Ravens" many times
  • heard A.A. Milne's "Summer Afternoon" a few times and recited the first line several times from memory
  • listened to the first half of the Viking explorer story in This Country of Ours
  • drew a picture of something that happened in that part of the story in his My America binder
  • played on the playground with several friends
  • exercised a tiny bit outdoors
  • went geocaching with Erik
  • took pictures with his camera
  • watched Sid the Science Kid on PBS
  • watched cute animal videos on YouTube (note: YouTube's safety feature hides inappropriate comments but does not edit out, say, fishing videos where the man fishing yells an expletive or two about his potential catch)
  • recited the two pledges (United States and Texas)
  • read the latest Lego Club and Lego Club Jr. magazines
  • showed me that he could read a page of Frog and Toad Are Friends pretty easily (to satisfy my curiosity)

2 comments: