Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Weekly Goals

Here is what I did in terms of my goals last week:

Last week's goals:

Personal

1. Go to church on Sunday.
2. Run at least 5 miles this week. {Ran about 7.}
3. Start keeping a morning journal. {Where is my journal, by the way? That is what kept me from starting. :)}

Marriage

4. Have another wine tasting and game playing night. {I really like our new game, bought for Erik's birthday: Through the Ages.}


5. Focus on Erik when I get home from running and have nightly chores done. Forget about what I haven't yet completed for the day, or the week, or the month. {I think I did this; maybe I should ask him!}

Children/Homeschooling

6. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
7. Go on a nature hike as a family.



Service/Family/Friends

8. Finish my first Mother Bear Project bear.
9. Call both my mom and dad this Sunday.

Financial

10. Call insurance company. !!

Finished 7 out of 10!

10 Goals For This Week:


Personal

1. Go to church on Sunday.
2. Run at least 6 miles this week.
3. Start keeping a morning journal.

Marriage

4. Focus on Erik when I get home from running and have nightly chores done. Forget about what I haven't yet completed for the day, or the week, or the month.

Children/Homeschooling

5. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
6. Show Xander where on our history timeline the knights will fall - since he got to play with them ahead of time as part of his recovery from the tonsillectomy.

Service/Family/Friends

7. Call my mom, my dad, my brother, and my sister this Sunday.
8. Work on letters/thank you notes/projects for friends.
9. Let at least one friend know how special they are to me by picking up the phone to call or doing something else out of the way.

Financial

10. Work on a No Spend policy for the month of October.

2 comments:

  1. I love your goals. I am a goal-making kind of girl, myself. I'm not brave enough to post them on my blog though. I'd actually have to be accountable for SOME of them that way! HA!

    I have been keeping up with you but haven't had the time/energy to post comments. Just wanted you to know! But I really have been staying up to date! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do cool things like your family does. Plus, your wine and game nights sound fun. I think we'll have to do coffee and game nights when coffee's allowed in my diet again. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like our game nights. Even though Erik is the one who is more into the games, it is a good way for us to connect with something that is interesting and has nothing to do with the kids. Plus, although we spend money on the games, we can stay in and still feel like we did something that night. Other than sitting on the couch watching TV. :) I highly recommend the coffee part. I sometimes have a hard time staying awake for the whole game without it. Ours are generally two hours long and when you wait for the other person to take a turn...it's hard when you've gotten up early in the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete