Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fable Fest

Today we went to the Fable Fest put on by our local library. Much of the proceeds of ticket sales and purchases went to the library. I heard 100%, but I think some of the vendors were setting their own percentage, like 10%.

It was perfect for our kids. Older kids would not have had as fun a time.

We:
  • rode the kiddie train (Nick and me)
  • played in the inflatable (Xander)
  • rode ponies (Xander and Nick)
  • entered the petting zoo (the boys)
  • checked out pool-noodle crafted medieval weapons and shields
  • checked out wooden and metal armor from the sports jousters who were present
  • watched a sports joust (they try to score points on each other rather than trying to present a show or spectacle - oh my, but the horses were beautiful, and the knights in their armor were not bad either)
  • played carnival-style games and won carnival-style prizes
  • got free fake tattoos and toothbrushes and chapstick and toothpaste (the boys)
  • tried archery (Xander)
  • posed with a fully dressed knight (Xander)
  • got our picture taken for either the library or the newspaper, I imagine (the boys and me)
  • watched part of a play
  • listened to part of a band's concert
  • played on a nearby playground where someone was having a birthday party with a pinata and a parent felt bad for our kids and sneaked some of the pinata candy to them
  • checked out vendor booths
I was very disappointed I forgot my camera. I do have two pictures on my phone (which I cannot transfer in any way but I can make them my camera wallpaper), one of Xander posing with the knight and one of him trying on an adult-sized authentic metal helmet. Think Spaceballs.

We hurried home after all of that so that Nick could have a nap and Erik could watch the Gator game.

No comments:

Post a Comment