Tuesday, October 16, 2012

This Week's Goals

How did I do on last week's goals?




Personal

1. Lose 2.5 pounds by eating mostly vegetarian and whole grain.
2. Knit about 17 rows per day on a hand towel for the bathroom so that it is finished in a week. {I'm half-finished.}
3. Take as my new motto "Without Haste, Without Rest" (Goethe) so that I can steadily and carefully complete projects around the house, especially basic ones like cleaning up after meals and enforcing the kids cleaning up after themselves.
Marriage

4. Focus on Erik when I get home from running and have nightly chores done. Forget about what I haven't yet completed for the day, or the week, or the month.
5. Have a Game Night again.

Children/Homeschooling

6. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
7. Catch the kids doing nice things to take care of objects around the house so I can put buttons in our newly instated Care for Things jar. I am trying to substitute behaviors like wiping up marks, straightening chairs, and cleaning for more careless behaviors like standing on the couch, running pell mell to the bathroom while "accidentally" wiping dirty hands on furniture, and leaving toys out to be stepped on.
8. Continue Xander on 10-15 minutes reading to himself before bed to count for Pizza Hut's Book-It program.

Financial

9. Continue a No-Spend month. {Did this, with a few acceptable exceptions: a good set of clippers instead of spending money on a haircut for Xander, taking the kids to Sea World Homeschool Day, getting my own dental work done while Erik can watch the kids, and spending $3.50 yesterday and today, total, for a sample of men's body wash, 140 customized return address labels, two iTunes songs, and two school books for Xander.}
10. If I want to buy something, like a book, check for my Swagbucks gift card so I can get it for free.


It doesn't feel like it, but I guess I accomplished a lot of my goals this week.

Next Week's Goals:

Personal

1. Run three times this week, at least.
2. Knit about 17 rows per day on a hand towel for the bathroom.

Marriage

4. Most nights, focus on Erik when I get home from running and have nightly chores done.
5. Have a Game Night again.
6. Firmly establish a no-complaining rule, for my own sake as much as everyone else's. Complaining zaps joy from a moment; since I have a very happy life, it would be silly to zap joy from my moments.

Children/Homeschooling

7. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
8. Catch the kids doing nice things to take care of objects around the house so I can put buttons in our newly instated Care for Things jar.
9. Continue Xander on 10-15 minutes reading to himself before bed to count for Pizza Hut's Book-It program.

Financial

10. Continue a No-Spend month.
11. Take a look at our financial goals and do some thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment