Tuesday, October 9, 2012

This Week's Goals

Time to review Last Week's Goals:



Personal

1. Catch up on running (last week's schedule kept me from running a few days). {Have gone running twice.}
2. Continue my morning journal time. {Have done this once.}

Marriage

3. Focus on Erik when I get home from running and have nightly chores done. Forget about what I haven't yet completed for the day, or the week, or the month. {Been crabby and tired. Sorry, Erik! We have watched some of "our shows" together, like Last Resort, Warehouse 13, and True Blood.}
4. Start re-reading The 5 Love Languages.

Children/Homeschooling

5. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished. {Will be doing this on Friday; it was rescheduled because of Columbus Day.}
6. Continue HUFI with Xander.
7. Continue Xander on 10-15 minutes reading to himself before bed to count for Pizza Hut's Book-It program.

Service/Family/Friends

8. Write at least one letter or note or email to a friend/family member.



Financial

9. Continue a No-Spend month. Suddenly Xander has outgrown almost all his clothes! His tennis shoes are in tatters! But I am trying to simply keep a list and buy some clothes next month or when they are on sale. Since we are homeschooling, I don't feel as much daily pressure about his outfits because he can wear one outfit more often. And both boys want to be knights for Halloween, so...there is absolutely nothing I have to do or buy for that. :|)

Household

10. Practice our clean-up routine throughout the day; work slowly but steadily on project jar or chore list except for purposeful rest and recreation times.

Next Week's Goals:

Personal

1. Lose 2.5 pounds by eating mostly vegetarian and whole grain.
2. Knit about 17 rows per day on a hand towel for the bathroom so that it is finished in a week.
3. Take as my new motto "Without Haste, Without Rest" (Goethe) so that I can steadily and carefully complete projects around the house, especially basic ones like cleaning up after meals and enforcing the kids cleaning up after themselves.

Marriage

4. Focus on Erik when I get home from running and have nightly chores done. Forget about what I haven't yet completed for the day, or the week, or the month.
5. Have a Game Night again.

Children/Homeschooling

6. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
7. Catch the kids doing nice things to take care of objects around the house so I can put buttons in our newly instated Care for Things jar. I am trying to substitute behaviors like wiping up marks, straightening chairs, and cleaning for more careless behaviors like standing on the couch, running pell mell to the bathroom while "accidentally" wiping dirty hands on furniture, and leaving toys out to be stepped on.
8. Continue Xander on 10-15 minutes reading to himself before bed to count for Pizza Hut's Book-It program.

Financial

9. Continue a No-Spend month.
10. If I want to buy something, like a book, check for my Swagbucks gift card so I can get it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment