Wednesday, October 24, 2012

This Week's Goals

Time for a goals update. Last week:



Personal

1. Run three times this week, at least.
2. Knit about 17 rows per day on a hand towel for the bathroom. {I've knit about 90 rows total.}

Marriage

4. Most nights, focus on Erik when I get home from running and have nightly chores done.
5. Have a Game Night again.
6. Firmly establish a no-complaining rule, for my own sake as much as everyone else's. Complaining zaps joy from a moment; since I have a very happy life, it would be silly to zap joy from my moments.

Children/Homeschooling

7. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
8. Catch the kids doing nice things to take care of objects around the house so I can put buttons in our newly instated Care for Things jar.
9. Continue Xander on 10-15 minutes reading to himself before bed to count for Pizza Hut's Book-It program.

Financial

10. Continue a No-Spend month. {When I listed my acceptable exceptions last week, I forgot to mention that I bought Nick new shoes that were at a very good sale price. I also tacked on two $5 long-sleeve shirts to our WalMart grocery shopping trip. And then another one for Xander.}
11. Take a look at our financial goals and do some thinking.

Next Week's Goals:

Mothering

1. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
2. Catch the kids doing nice things to take care of objects around the house so I can put buttons in our newly instated Care for Things jar.
3. Continue Xander on 10-15 minutes reading to himself before bed to count for Pizza Hut's Book-It program.

Marriage

4. Have a Game Night again.

Personal


5. Get up to do a half hour of journaling/devotions in the morning each morning.

Running

6. Run 9.5 miles this week.

Homemaking

7. Knit 90 rows on the hand towel to finish it.
8. Knit two booties to finish the project for my friend's baby.
9. Keep following along with 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home and Houseworks Holiday Plan.

Financial

10. Continue a No-Spend month.

No comments:

Post a Comment