Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blessings

Had to buy another booster seat for Xander on the fly - since Erik was taking Xander to school and we only just then remembered that Erik would need his seat to drop him off and I would need it to pick him up! Luckily, Nick lasted through the two stores we had to go to with the help of Goldfish crackers, raisins, and water. He even made it happily past his normal naptime. Suddenly there is this flurry of activity all based around a 4-year-old's schedule! VPK meeting this Thursday night, coaches' meeting next Tuesday night, a school supply I can't find anywhere due this Monday...

It's fun, though. In the car on the way to find a booster seat, I thought how I have never been happier. Spending my days with little kids helps me focus on the real important things in life: eating, drinking, sleeping, love, communicating, laughing, and paying attention to the smallest things. I don't think anyone is as lucky as I am.

And I have to admit, it is a break in a way to have Xander at school each morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment