Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

Even though Xander has gone to one-morning-a-week preschool for over a year, I count today as his First Day of School. He will start going every single day, and it's a public program, and he actually needs school supplies!! So it's really school now.

Here he is before driving off to his first day at the new school:

His school supplies at Wal-Mart cost us $22! I wasn't expecting that. But I love school and supplies and so does he, so we are happy. He got a pack of crayons, a pack of markers, a big ol' plastic-covered binder, Clorox wipes, kleenex, and he will be getting a Primary Journal composition book - the kind that leaves the top half of the page for drawing and the bottom half lined for writing. I am excited about what he will learn this year! And of course, me being me, I will be doing plenty with him as well. We are already practicing writing, reading, and social studies, along with all the reading aloud I like to do with him. Oh, and he will be doing sports.

I volunteered to coach his team after their second call for volunteers. I'm a little nervous about it but I also think it will be fun. There will be six or fewer boys on the team. Let's hope boys at that age don't mind a female coach.

I've got to go - lots to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment