Friday, August 20, 2010

Need More Sleep-y

Xander is learning some ways of dealing with his emotions. When he was recently sad, he told me he knew what to do: sit and count to seven and then he would feel better. He did! Yesterday he was angry at me for singing something the wrong way, so he asked me to say "what comes first" and then he would count to three. I said, "Take a deep breath, in, out," and then he counted to three and showed me he felt happy.

This morning we were doing a reading lesson and he began to whine and cry in the middle of it. After many warnings, I carried him off to bed, saying, "Whining and crying means you are tired." When he quieted down, I asked him if he was ready to continue. He said no, he was going to stay in bed longer and sleep.

Nick is having one of those days, too. But poor thing, part of it might be because we've run out of milk and I can't run to the store to get more with two kids needing to be in bed. :) I put Nick down to nap early. Perhaps Mommy should do the same. At least a shower!

Grandma Bonnie is coming sometime today on her way to her new contract job in New York. Cadbury the puppy is coming with her. Hopefully the kids will be better rested by then. Xander is looking forward to it.

We got to Skype with my brother (Uncle Jeff) yesterday since he was visiting Minnesota with some friends. I am sure we bored his friends mightily with showing what Nick can do, and how many stuffed dogs Xander has.

No comments:

Post a Comment