Thursday, August 5, 2010

Change

I was reading Nick books today, and asked "Where is the ____?" and he pointed right to it and said, "Deh!" - TWICE! For different books! I was excited, and so was Nick. His face lights up when he realizes he's getting through to me.

 He also went pee in the potty!

I discovered his sign for "potty" yesterday. It's actually waving his hand, which is going to get really confusing, so I'm trying to correct it. But I just have to look for that now.

We have found a different school for Xander for his free pre-kindergarten. Unfortunately, the center he's been going to for over a year is suddenly closing. Maybe it will turn out to be good fortune. We found a place that's two blocks from Erik's building, nicer, has a better rating for kindergarten readiness, with really friendly kids and a playground on the beautiful downtown segment of the St. John's River. The director seems really flexible. They have a nice, big pre-k room with a pet fish. A pet fish is no big deal, except that La Petite never had any sort of pet for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment