Monday, August 9, 2010

My Vacation

I went on a road trip this past weekend. By myself! I drove five hours south to visit my good friend Charity and her husband and Erik stayed with the kids. I don't say "stayed home with the kids" because it sounds like they traveled quite a bit too! On Saturday they went to an arts festival for lunch and play (there were clowns) and on Sunday they drove to Gainesville to visit two friends and go to the Butterfly Museum. The kids looked happy and worn out when they came home from that trip. I had beaten them home on Sunday by about an hour.

I learned just how young Xander sounds when you talk to him on the phone. Then when I got home again they both looked older to me. Go figure.

It was a great break for me and it all worked out nicely for Erik and the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment