Monday, August 30, 2010

Xander's First Dentist Visit

Ugh, I have a nervous stomach after this visit. Xander, overall, probably feels better than I do, but he was quite nervous and half-crying during some parts of his visit. (The x-ray room and camera made him nervous and the water sprayer really bothered him for some reason. I think whenever he had to have something far back in his little mouth he felt scared.) The worst part is he will have to go back. He has cavities and tooth decay in between many of his (crowded) teeth.

For his procedure, they will use oral sedation, some laughing gas, and a protective net to keep the child straight in the chair! I hope this works to keep him calm and maybe not remember much of it, but I am feeling sick to my stomach just thinking of having to help put him in that chair. He will be fine, but will he think he's going to be fine?? The other part of my sick stomach is the cost! Even if our insurance pays for nearly everything, we will still have to pay over $200 for the sedation.

I have never had a cavity so any dental procedure at all sounds bad to me. Ugh. It has me thinking about Nick's visits in the future - and he's a thumb sucker. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment