Saturday, November 17, 2012

5K Saturday

Woohoo! Finished my first 5K in so many years. My strategy as a not-very-fit-yet runner was to run as slow as I could make myself run for the first mile, maybe two. I did. I purposely put myself in the back of the pack to start and made my way up slowly. My time was better than I expected, 28:58. I do think maybe the course was an easy one (for those who can call any 5K easy - not me, not yet).

They run this friendly, well-attended, not huge 5K every month. I am there next month, if I can be!

My family got up when it was still dark to come with me and cheer me on. As a bonus, they got to see donkeys and feed them grass. Erik said the playground had frost on it. :)



I was happy to be there, just cold

The finish

Doughnuts afterward! Except for me, I hate doughnuts and stuck to a Clif bar and coffee

Xander's "pretty" Arnie-like doughnut

4 comments:

  1. Wow, way to go! I am impressed with all of it: getting up in the dark, running a 5k (actually running period is not something I've ever been very good at doing), and passing on donuts. I like the pretty donut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jean! I can't take much credit for not eating doughnuts because I simply don't like them. I can eat a whole lotta candy, nacho cheese, and other goodies, though! My son really loved that pretty doughnut - but not enough to stop eating it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, Kristy! I can't WAIT to get back into running again. Also, I can't believe you were dressed so warm for that entire run. I know you said there was frost and everything, but WOWZA I would have died. :)

    I don't like doughnuts all that much either. But a Clif bar? That's, like, not even rewarding! You should have at least had a chocolate muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that outfit worked great for me. Maybe when I get faster that much clothing will bother me. :)

    I like Clif bars! And besides, I ate tons of nacho cheese dip with chips that day. Cheese is a good reward.

    ReplyDelete