Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 6 of Money Saving Mom's 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}

This was what Money Saving Mom posted as the assignments for today:


"Day 6 Assignment

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great {there’s something about dressing in clothes that make you feel great that just gives you more energy and zest for life! Get your free copy of SarahMae’s ebook, Frumps to Pumps, if you need more motivation in this.}
::Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and create a list of weekly goals. I’ll be posting my weekly goals later today along with a link-up so you can share yours, as well.
::Set the timer for 10 minutes and run through your home and quickly pick up everything that’s out of place and put it away.
::Set the timer for 10 minutes and clean out the inside of your vehicle. Remove all trash and clutter. If you have time, use a vacuum attachment to vacuum all the seats and floors out."
So I got dressed. Have to admit I have not felt great about what I was wearing for a few days now. It has less to do with being comfortable with my personal style and more to do with being comfortable with some gained weight.

Made the weekly list with the help of a mug of hot cocoa.
I also did the ten minutes of picking up. It made a big difference, but I forgot to take Before and After pictures. There were wooden blocks all over part of the living room floor before I started, plus people's shoes from the day before, plus books, plus dishes. Now they are picked up. Except for the new dishes that materialized during and after dinner.
For dinner I made the Mushroom-and-Swiss Sliders from The Pioneer Woman, specially for my son. Since I hadn't bought buns at the store last week, I was forced to make them from scratch with a recipe from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and they were great. Making a dinner that took some effort made me feel pretty good, and my son was excited. Everyone ate their full dinner tonight.
I did not get to the assignment to clean out the car. It was a hard homeschooling day. I feel pretty drained of momentum. However, my son and I did have a good talk as a result of the hard day, so maybe this day was good for us overall.

4 comments:

  1. I felt drained yesterday too so I had my husband take care of the car. Some days we CANNOT do it all right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great delegation! :) It is too true, we can't do it all. Good days are when I do my first priorities first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those nights when everyone eats their dinner! Hot Cocoa sounds yummy and I love that cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jean! Aren't those nights the best?

    ReplyDelete