Monday, November 26, 2012

Weekly Goals


These were last week's goals:

Family:

1. Re-read a post on first-time obedience on the blog Childwise Chat.2. Research a specific parenting topic.


Financial:

3. Pay an extra $500 toward principal of car payment. {We paid more than this! And we're excited about it!}4. Have a brainstorming session with Erik about work.

Health: 

5. Track food, exercise, and weight on MyFitnessPal.com.6. Get rid of mildew in bathrooms.

Personal Development:

7. Put What Color Is Your Parachute? on my library list.8. Attend church.9. Tithe.10. Post signs for myself about doing critical tasks first. (I plan to put little signs on my book stack, knitting bag, and computer to remind myself to get my three critical tasks done before anything else. In case you're curious, right now they are teaching the kids life skills, laundry, and preparing family meals.)


Six out of ten accomplished. That's pretty good!

This Week's Goals:

Family:

1. Spend time relaxing with Erik after kids are in bed.
2. Take notes on Raising Happiness and Learned Optimism.
3. Make doughnuts for Erik's office.

Health:

4. Track food on My Fitness Pal.
5. Get rid of mildew in bathrooms.

Personal:

6. Post signs to remind myself of critical, do-first tasks.
7. Start knitting doubled scarf for tree skirt.
8. Make Christmas cards.
9. Start sending Christmas gifts.

8 comments:

  1. I'm doing Christmas cards this week too! Congratulations on paying more towards your principal than you intended. What an awesome achievement last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the signs idea! I need to think like that whenever I sit down here at the computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, me too. I was thinking of posting signs at the computer, my knitting basket, and my book pile. I have not actually done that item yet, but maybe today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see what you have in mind for your tree skirt. The one we have is WAY too small (especially for our Goliath tree) and you can't even see it if you're standing up. I was thinking of doing something like the no-sew ruffle skirts that are always circulating on Pinterest, but I'm curious about yours. If it's what I'm thinking about, it might be really cute and something I would consider doing for next year's skirt. If it's not what I'm thinking about, it still might be really cute and something I would consider doing for next year's skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can show you the pattern I'm using: http://www.purlbee.com/bulky-knit-scarf/

    I don't have knitting needles that big, so I cast on 21 stitches instead of 7 and used size 17 needles. It's still going pretty fast, but not nearly as fast as the pattern as written. It's about double the width shown and I'm just going to drape it around our tree base. (We have a fiber optic tree with a base that should not be covered, which is one good reason for allowing a big circle of nothing right near the base.) I'll keep knitting until it's long enough to look good doing that. It may not look very professional, but then again I love the width, the seed stitch pattern, the color, and the drape so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just what I was imagining... cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I'm not doing the bright green from the pattern, although that is nice. I'm doing a deep red (Red Ochre from Serenity Chunky Weight).

    ReplyDelete