Monday, November 26, 2012

Money Saving Mom's 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home - Day 11

Today's instructions were to:

  • Get dressed in something you feel great about.
  • Sit down with a cup of coffee or tea and write 5-10 goals for this week.
  • Set the timer for 15 minutes and pick up the house.
  • Clean out the silverware drawer, to the extent of taking everything out, vacuuming with an attachment, wiping, and reorganizing and returning the items to the drawer.
I liked my outfit today. I did sit down with coffee to write weekly goals, which I will share in another post. I picked up the house for a little longer than 15 minutes. Just as Crystal said, my house needed some help after the holiday weekend. I would have done another round, but I used that time to clean out our guinea pig's cage instead. He needed it more than the house.

Our old silverware drawer was housing coupons, coupon binders, scissors, miscellaneous kitchen implements like a strawberry huller, wine bottle stoppers, a tiny bottle-cleaning brush, and extra rubber bands, and the good silver. Plus crumbs. 

I put the good silver away in silver-keeping cloths in a high cabinet, put the wine-bottle stoppers on our drinks tray, removed the strawberry huller to a different kitchen implements drawer, stored the bottle-cleaning brush up in a cupboard with our sponges and dish soap, and put the rubber bands in my rubber-band-twist-tie-candles baggie. A few coupons were put in the right place. All the crumbs were sucked up by my great little hand held vacuum.

Our actual utensil drawer is not much to look at because it's a drawer in a utility cart with improvised cardboard dividers. I like it. I like having stuff handy for setting the table, because I try to always have the kids do that chore. However, the cardboard dividers do leave "dust" in the drawer. That is all clean now.

Messy room today. I got new jeans that are comfortable and that Ann Taylor Loft sweater was a few dollars at Goodwill!

After

After

2 comments:

  1. My silverware drawer was a mess! I really like the idea of having the silverware handy to set the table. Hmmm...may have to think on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always rearranging the kitchen area to make it "better organized." Actually, I like the results but my poor husband can never find anything because it may have moved! I had recently bought the kitchen cart and moved the utensils out of a drawer in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete