Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 15 of 4 Weeks Challenge

I did the stuff prescribed, which was:

Get dressed in something that makes you feel great.

Make your daily to-do list from the weekly list.

I have been rolling over things I didn't get done from previous days, which works great because I tend to put too many things on my list initially. I was excited yesterday to get my reminder signs posted, which had been on my list for a week or so.

Wipe down your computer, clear your email inbox, organize files and photos if you have time. 

I did this but didn't feel the need to organize files because of my naming system. I use a heading for most of my files followed by what I want to name it. For example, I write for The Homemaking Cottage and I start the name of each document for The Homemaking Cottage with HMC. Then when I go to my list of documents, I scroll down to the heading I want and then look through that list for the right document.

Set the timer for at least 15 minutes and do something that relaxes you and that you enjoy.

I splurged and bought this album for myself for $5 (The Joy of Christmas). I was so excited to listen to it. After Nick went down for his nap and Xander promised not to go into my room, I started wrapping presents while listening to the beautiful music. That was nice, but actually not relaxing at all. After 20 minutes or so, I put the new album on my iPod and laid down in bed listening to it and reading Londoners. Now that was perfect! The book is enjoyable thus far. One of the nicest things about listening to the music on my iPod was I didn't hear any of the normal childish rustles that make me worried that one of them is going to wake up. Xander, for example, can run down a hallway in sock feet like Puddleglum. And the stage whispers of children? Those alone could wake someone out of a sound slumber.



I have loved this day so far! I am just hoping Erik comes home soon to start his weekend. Lately I have decided to keep Fridays simple (in terms of homeschool) and now we seem to have time to savor our activities instead of feeling like we'll never get to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment