Monday, November 5, 2012

This Week's Goals

Here is the progress I made on my goals last week:




Mothering

1. Take Nick to preschool - with homework finished.
2. Catch the kids doing nice things to take care of objects around the house so I can put buttons in our newly instated Care for Things jar.
3. Continue Xander on 10-15 minutes reading to himself before bed to count for Pizza Hut's Book-It program.


Marriage

4. Have a Game Night again. {Had two game nights!}
Personal

5. Get up to do a half hour of journaling/devotions in the morning each morning. {I did this once.}

Running

6. Run 9.5 miles this week. {Didn't run at all.}

Homemaking

7. Knit 90 rows on the hand towel to finish it.
8. Knit two booties to finish the project for my friend's baby. {Nope, but I did work on it some more.}
9. Keep following along with 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home and Houseworks Holiday Plan. {Did a tiny bit here and there.}

Financial

10. Continue a No-Spend month. {Failure. If you saw my post about what I got at Goodwill, you'll realize I went ahead and shopped. Our weather just turned cool and I was able to see what the kids did not have in the way of cool weather clothes. The positive aspect is that I got a bunch of shirts/sweaters for $2 apiece. I also did some other small shopping here and there on Goodwill for school supplies and a book for myself. :( However, Erik worked overtime the last couple of weeks, so along with the no-spending I did in the early part of the month, our account is looking pretty good.}




I accomplished about half of my goals last week. We had also had people over for dinner and I almost-finished a project that has been nagging me for a year, so I feel pretty good about this week.

Next Week's Goals:

Mothering

1. Make sure (supervise, help) the kids do their Morning Cards and quick cleaning chores each day.
2. Catch the kids doing nice things to take care of objects around the house so I can put buttons in our Care for Things jar.
3. Play upbeat music, be sympathetic but matter-of-fact, and insist that the children can control what comes out of their mouth when there are whining or crying problems. Also give them an opportunity to get more sleep when this happens a lot.

Marriage

4. Have a Game Night again.
5.  Have a wine tasting night again.

Personal

6. Get up to do a half hour of journaling/devotions in the morning each morning.
7. Read Money Saving Mom's Budget.
8. Finish How the Scots Invented the Modern World.

Running

8. Run 9.5 miles this week.

Homemaking

9. Knit two booties to finish the project for my friend's baby.
10. Keep following along with 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home and Houseworks Holiday Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment