Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekly Goals


These were last week's goals:

Personal:

1. Run 4 miles this week. 
2. Finish the booties for my friend's baby and send the whole package.
3. Finish another Squidoo lens.
4. Finish major decluttering of the whole house. {Yay! This is a big one!}
5. Follow along with Money Saving Mom's 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}.

Teaching My Children:

6. Make sure they have both gotten down the habit of wiping down bathroom surfaces in the morning.
7. Do school work with both of them using their daily checklists. {I'm going to count this one even though the "school" books I wanted to read aloud to Nick were refused. He likes to "read" to himself.}

Financial:

8. Sell two more DVDs and change price on book set.
9. Check our account to see if we have money to pay extra toward our loan. (Would like to see about $600 to put toward the debt.) {We have more than this to put toward it!! A fortuitous circumstance happened to us after we made our financial goals more concrete. Even though this circumstance was something we weren't expecting, it seems like these things happen when people put down their goals on paper and get serious about them. I was excited and humbled by the circumstance.}

Nurturing My Marriage:

10. Spend time doing an activity with Erik each night except for Monday. {I can't remember! Probably a fail if I can't remember if we did this every night. We did have a very nice time on Saturday coming across Rocky I on TV and watching it together.}

7 out of 10! That's pretty good for me, plus I feel like I got a few big ones done.

This Week's Goals:

Family:


1. Re-read a post on first-time obedience on the blog Childwise Chat.2. Research a specific parenting topic.

Financial:

3. Pay an extra $500 toward principal of car payment.4. Have a brainstorming session with Erik about work.

Health: 

5. Track food, exercise, and weight on MyFitnessPal.com.6. Get rid of mildew in bathrooms.

Personal Development:

7. Put What Color Is Your Parachute? on my library list.8. Attend church.9. Tithe.10. Post signs for myself about doing critical tasks first. (I plan to put little signs on my book stack, knitting bag, and computer to remind myself to get my three critical tasks done before anything else. In case you're curious, right now they are teaching the kids life skills, laundry, and preparing family meals.)




No comments:

Post a Comment