Monday, November 5, 2012

This Week's Goals

These were last week's goals, which I just now published (I think they were in draft form all week because I forgot to hit publish):


Mothering

1. Make sure (supervise, help) the kids do their Morning Cards and quick cleaning chores each day.
2. Catch the kids doing nice things to take care of objects around the house so I can put buttons in our Care for Things jar.
3. Play upbeat music, be sympathetic but matter-of-fact, and insist that the children can control what comes out of their mouth when there are whining or crying problems. Also give them an opportunity to get more sleep when this happens a lot.

Marriage
4. Have a Game Night again.
5.  Have a wine tasting night again.

Personal

6. Get up to do a half hour of journaling/devotions in the morning each morning.
7. Read Money Saving Mom's Budget.
8. Finish How the Scots Invented the Modern World.

Running

8. Run 9.5 miles this week.

Homemaking

9. Knit two booties to finish the project for my friend's baby.
10. Keep following along with 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home and Houseworks Holiday Plan.

Again, I got about half of the items done.

I have been thinking about goal setting and trying to refine my process after reading through Money Saving Mom's Budget. Right now I am going back through the book, this time doing all the tasks she assigns throughout. By tomorrow, I hope to be done with a big decluttering of the house.

This Week's Goals:


Personal:

1. Run 4 miles this week.
2. Finish the booties for my friend's baby and send the whole package.
3. Finish another Squidoo lens.
4. Finish major decluttering of the whole house.
5. Follow along with Money Saving Mom's 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home {Simplified}.

Teaching My Children:

6. Make sure they have both gotten down the habit of wiping down bathroom surfaces in the morning.
7. Do school work with both of them using their daily checklists.

Financial:

8. Sell two more DVDs and change price on book set.
9. Check our account to see if we have money to pay extra toward our loan. (Would like to see about $600 to put toward the debt.)

Nurturing My Marriage:

10. Spend time doing an activity with Erik each night except for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment